NY Roof Replacement | New York Roofing Company
September 02, 2014NY Roof Replacement Process
Roof Pro aims to be the top choice in roofing in all of Long Island, New York. To achieve this, we add a personal touch when interacting with our customers, whether they be companies or private parties. We want our customers to have the utmost confidence in us. Therefore, we want to take the time to go over our NY Roof Replacement procedure.
It could be shoddy workmanship, violent weather, or just the ravages of time, but eventually most residential roofing systems will need to be replaced. We’re masters of the craft, and here’s how we get it done:
- First, you’ll meet with your assigned foreman at our shop to discuss any special instructions. This is our chance to zero in on your requirements.
- Then, on the morning of your build, materials will be dropped off in the location of your choosing. We’ll arrive with a dump truck to cart away debris and check to make sure all materials have arrived safely and in the correct amounts and colors.
- Next, we begin the removal process. Your house will be protected with tarp so the old NY roofing shingles can be removed and discarded carefully.
- We’ll then inspect the underlying surface of your roof for any rotten or damaged wood, which will be replaced.
- To protect against weather, we install a custom-build, heavy-duty drip edge behind the gutters, as well as ice and water shielding in vulnerable areas and a synthetic under layer over the whole roof. Your roof is now ready for new shingles!
- We make sure to install all shingles according to manufacturer guidelines. This insures proper patterns and maximum wind resistance.
- Final steps include installing proper attic ventilation, dependent on your home’s design, and heavy duty hip and ridge cap shingles for extra strength.
Don’t think that we’ll simply build and bail. We meticulously clean your property of all installation-related debris, inspect the entire project to make sure it lives up to standards, file warranties, and come again in 4-6 months to inspect. We’re the best NY roof contractors in the business, so if you’re looking to have your roof replaced, give us a call at 1-800-766-3773 or contact Roof Pro, your local New York Roofing Company online and let us prove it to you. We serve throughout Long Island, including Huntington and Oakdale, so don’t hesitate, contact us today!